Battle Reports

Monday 20 November 2017

Lucky-Sixes Painting Update #1

Hallo there!
Quick update for the painting challenge...

From the first post I had a HUGE amount of models to paint and it was quite daunting if I'm honest.


So I've had about 3 sessions now for painting, mainly revolved around getting the Knights of Ryma up to a suitable standard (which has taken me FOREVER!) but for the most part I've made some quick progress.

To update you today, I have now completed the Elder Dragon Centaur and the Phoenix. Couldn't help myself with these as they were such good looking models I went straight for the centrepieces!
In the long run this may prove a hindrance as they would've been good to finish on, but ah well what can you do!

So here's the Elder Dragon Centaur in all its glory...


Like I said I really enjoyed painting him, and didn't realise the model's details before getting stuck in!
For example the little creatures on his head are brilliant - good fun, and fantastically moulded to be intertwined with his hair...
It didn't take me too long either, just a couple of coats for the lighter colours, and a single coat for the darker, followed by dry brushing the metal parts and hair then finishing off with some wash.
Pretty happy with how it came out so yeah, all in all a nice model to have!

The Phoenix up next...





An absolutely gorgeous model. I must admit, some of the Games Workshop stuff that's out there is fantastic. Again, another model that took a relatively short time to complete. 3 different blues on the feathers, followed by 2 lots of dry brushing (with a light blue, and a white) finishing off with a blue wash. Lovely! And a very useful tool on the battlefield...
I have not yet tackled the rider, but I may leave that to when I'm doing the characters all together.

Since these pictures, I have actually based up the Centaur and done little bits to my Phoenix base - although I'm still not 100% sure I like it - it feels a little plain. If you guys have any ideas on what I can do then let me know via comments below...

Finally, I have now got my 10x Knights of Ryma up to about 70% finished, and started to assemble my 10x Wraiths / Spectral Hunters so it's all go! They will probably be my next models, then I'll see what tickles my fancy.


Anyway, there we have it, my first update and two of the models down with hopefully my next post getting another 20 or so models finished! We'll see.
So the remaining items to finish before 2018 stands as:

1x Necromancer (Vampire Covenant) - Formerly Henrich Kemmler Model
1x Mage/Archmage (Highborn Elves)
1x Phoenix Rider (Highborn Elves)
2x Commander/High Prince (Highborn Elves) - One of which was formerly Annointed of Asuryan

17x Sea Guard (Highborn Elves)
41x Zombies (Vampire Covenant)

5x Elein Reavers (Highborn Elves)
5x Barrow Knights (Vampire Covenant)
5x Wasteland Knights (Warriors of the Dark Gods)
10x Knights of Ryma (Highborn Elves)
10x Wraiths / Spectral Hunters (Vampire Covenant)

Right that's all for now, so thanks for your support and hope you enjoyed! :)
Lucky-Sixes

No comments:

Post a Comment