Battle Reports

Monday 20 November 2017

Lucky-Sixes' Proxy Painting Challenge

Hallo there!

Lucky-Sixes here, hoping you are all enjoying our blog so far...

The boys keep telling me I am a quick painter, so I wanted to set up a challenge to see if I could live up to this reputation. In the 2 weeks leading up to our first visits to Warhammer World I painted a Vampire Character, Necromancer Character, 10x Skellies and 3x Vampire Spawn - as well as putting 21x Zombies together (although as they weren't painted they don't count!). I was quite happy with this and I'm in the mood for more!
So, as of now I have the following units that I want painted before 2018 starts:

1x Necromancer (Vampire Covenant) - Formerly Henrich Kemmler Model
1x Mage/Archmage (Highborn Elves)
2x Commander/High Prince (Highborn Elves) - One of which formerly Annointed of Asuryan
17x Sea Guard (Highborn Elves)
41x Zombies (Vampire Covenant)
5x Elein Reavers (Highborn Elves)
5x Barrow Knights (Vampire Covenant)
5x Wasteland Knights (Warriors of the Dark Gods)
10x Knights of Ryma (Highborn Elves)
10x Wraiths / Spectral Hunters (Vampire Covenant)
1x Frost Phoenix + Rider (Highborn Elves)
1x Elder Dragon Centaur (Warriors of the Dark Gods)

                                     All the models I have left unfinished - a mountain of Warhammer!

That's 100 models (if you count the rider for the Phoenix lol) in less than 6 weeks!
More than 2 models per day! Having said that, as you can tell from the photo, these are not all from scratch. Most of the models are already assembled and some are half painted.

Looking ahead at painting these, I'm most worried about the cavalry models - I feel they can be a bit of a pain sometimes - especially those Knights of Ryma, which you can see I've already started, got angry because they're very 'pinickity', and then left them to paint something else!

I always enjoy doing characters and monsters, so can't see them taking me too much time, and infantry can be fun - although you sometimes feel like you're on a production line. I will try to post after every session I have, so you can all stay up-to-date with my progress. My honest prediction is that I won't do this, but I'm gonna give it a real good go! So stay posted PTG fans, for this epic adventure we are going on together!

Thanks for your support and hope you enjoy!
Lucky-Sixes

No comments:

Post a Comment